Preble County Ohio Homes
Interior Home Improvement Checklist to
Prepare Your Home for Resale
& Get Top Dollar
Sometimes the little things can make a big difference
Follow this checklist of interior improvements for your home to get
top dollar when you put it on the market for sale.
When completed, it will make a difference in impressing that prospective
buyer — making them willing to spend more for your home.
Don't forget your home's exterior. Check out
our list of exterior
home improvements to prepare your home for resale to get top dollar.
Interior Home Improvements Checklist
- Clean hallway, bedroom closets, storage and basement
- Organize closets/remove clutter from floors
- Store excess furniture and possessions in attic
- Increase wattage in light fixtures
- Remove all smudges or marks on walls, baseboard
- Apply fresh coat of paint as needed.
- Repair loose wallpaper.
- Shampoo carpets and wax floors as needed
- Replace worn, dated or non-neutral carpet and
- Wash windows.
- Clean kitchen closet and cabinets
- Have heating & central air systems checked by
service person and replace filters where necessary.
- If appliances will remain, make sure they are
in good working condition
- Check all faucets for worn washers and pipes
for leaks; repair where necessary
- Re-caulk tub and shower enclosures
- Repair settling cracks and water marks.
|Gather Supporting Documentation
- Determine what kind of insulation you have.
- Gather owner's manuals for appliances, heating & air
conditioning units, ceiling fans, etc.
Follow these steps and your house will sell faster. Trust me!
For a personal critique of your home's readiness for resale, I'd be
happy to give you my professional advice. Contact me today.
Click here to Contact Steve!