Preble County Homes
Exterior Home Improvement Checklist to
Prepare Your Home for Resale
& Get Top Dollar
Sometimes the little things can make a big difference
Follow this checklist of exterior improvements for your home and surrounding
property to get top dollar when you put it on the market for
When completed, it will make a difference in impressing that prospective
buyer — making them willing to spend more for your home.
Don't forget your home's interior. Check out our list of interior
home improvements to prepare your home for resale to get top
Exterior Home Improvements Checklist
Your Home's Exterior
- Windows: Clean window wells, dry
wells and storage areas of debris.
- Windows: Check all windows (screens
and storm doors); repair or replace broken
- Exterior paint: touch up minor
areas, repaint shutters and front door.
- Roofing: secure any loose shingles,
replace damaged areas
- Chimney: repair loose bricks,
clean flue, repair chimney cap
- Gutters: Clean and repair gutters,
replace leaders and gutters where necessary.
- Mason or stucco cracks: repair with
- Front Door: area around front
door should be neat. Check
front door bell, light fixtures and mailbox.
- Keep lawn mowed, leaves raked.
- Remove toys, newspapers, yard tools, and other clutter
- Tidy up; pick up after pets
- Add color with flowers and potted plants
- Prune large trees and shrubbery, remove dead foliage.
|Your Garage & Driveway
- Park vehicles in the garage or on the street
- Keep the
driveway and sidewalks clear of snow, depending upon the
- Keep garage clean and door closed
- Provide records on wells, septic tank, furnace, and central
air systems (who serviced them and when last serviced).
Follow these steps and your house will sell faster. Trust me!
For a personal critique of your home's readiness for resale, I'd be
happy to give you my professional advice. Contact me today.
Click here to Contact Steve!